Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Photo Collage - EC


This collage represents me because The Walking Dead is not only my favorite show, but my favorite comic book. TWD was the first comic book i got into and really is the comic that got me into comic books which also got me more into art and a whole new community that i felt comfortable in.
TWD is such a complex show and comic. It mixes in the horror genre with things that could actually happen in relationships with people you're close to. The first time i walked into a comic book shop, I had no idea what anything was or who anyone in the comic industry was. I picked up Walking Dead and instantly fell in love with it. It made me interested in what other comics were out there and what other universes i could explore.
After I got into comic books, i soon learned about Comic Conventions and after about a year and a half of reading comic books, i went to my first con. Just like with the books, i fell in love with conventions almost immediately and go to them every year if i can.
Comics became my crutch for the past 6 years and helped get through whatever problems came at me. They became somewhere i could escape to and be comfortable with. They became something to bond over with me and my friends. Comics have shaped my in so many ways and have me through so many life changing events. I honestly don't know where i would be if i hadn't picked up TWD or if i hadn't taken those steps in the comic book shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment